Hydroseeding remains the the most effective and most efficient way to seed your lawn. Our unique and proven process combines seed, fertilizer, hydromulch, tackifier and water — all together in one simple, yet powerful concoction.
Our methods eliminate the extra step of spreading messy and unsightly straw, allowing you to save time and money. Even difficult-to-seed areas such as hillsides or narrow areas are easy to seed with D&M Service’s hydroseeding.
Our hydroseeding solution offers many advantages over the traditional process of broadcasting or sowing dry seed. Hydroseeding promotes quick germination and inhibits soil erosion. and is also a cost effective alternative to sod.
D&M Services brings years of expert experience to any size hydroseeding project. Our trained professionals will help to determine the best lawn installation or renovation method for your yard.
Commonly asked questions about hydroseeding include:
- How soon will I have grass? Often, hydroseeded lawns will begin to germinate in as little as five to seven days. Most grass types will take three to four weeks to fill in. Depending on how often the lawn is watered and the type of grass seed used, it can take up to eight weeks to see strong growth.
- What’s the best time of year to have my lawn hydroseeded? This depends on the seasonal climate. Traditionally, spring and fall months are the most conducive to growing any type of vegetation.
- Is hydroseeding better than sod? Sod offers a picture-perfect lawn in as little as one day. Hydroseeding may take a few weeks to fully develop — but can be 60% to 75% less expensive than the costly application of sod. As to which lawn looks better, aftercare and attention to your investment will ultimately determine your results.
- Can I walk on the hydroseed once it is applied? Only as much as is absolutely necessary. Heavy traffic on a newly seeded lawn can permanently damage the new grass, causing bare spots to form.
- Will the green stains on my foundation and walkway go away? Absolutely. The green dye that may have splashed onto your foundation or walkways will usually fade away within a few days and can be hosed off with a garden hose.
- Why is the green color gone from my hydroseeded lawn? The green dye that was present during the initial application will fade and disappear in a few days. The colorant has no bearing on the quality of the hydroseed or the impression that the hydroseeded lawn has washed away.
Get the colorful and luscious lawn that you have always wanted with hydroseeding.