The hydroseeding process creates a lush, green landscape — offering the easiest and quickest way to help your lawn flourish and remain healthy.
However, after hydroseeding, your new grass requires some initial care to ensure many years of continuous growth.
To help your lawn take hold, please follow the 5 steps below:
- Water Properly. After our professional hydroseed application, the mulch mixture should be allowed to dry for at least 24 hours before you begin watering. After this, the lawn should be watered each day for the first two weeks — for about 20 minutes once or twice a day. Keeping the seeds watered speeds up the germination process. Skip this step on days with heavy rainfall.
- Avoid Overwatering. While you do not want your lawn to dry out, take care not to water so much that you start seeing puddles or runoff damage. On particularly humid days above 85 degrees, wait to water until the temperature drops to avoid fungus growth or frying the grass.
- Cut Your Grass. Mow your lawn as soon as needed, but allow the soil to dry first. Make sure you cut the grass no shorter than ⅓ of its height. Mowing will actually help your new grass to thrive and branch out at the roots, as will discourage weed growth. Avoid using any weed killers for the first three months.
- Fertilize. You can begin a normal fertilizing routine after you begin mowing.
- Be Gentle. Keep foot traffic from people and pets to a minimum until your new landscape settles in completely.